PARENTS/CARERS & SUPPORTERS CODE OF CONDUCT
Runnymede Rockets is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members. The club believes it is important that members, coaches, other volunteers and parent(s)/guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Tony Luckhurst, chairman.
As a member of Runnymede Rockets, you are expected to abide by the following code of conduct:
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results
- Never force your child to take part in sport
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all and by discouraging unfair play.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport
- Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour
- Never use threatening or abusive behaviour or language towards children, officials, coaches or other parents.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- Parents/guardians of children over 12 are welcome to stay but this is not compulsory.
- It is parents/guardians responsibility to ensure their child’s bike is in a safe condition to ride.